Hurricane Sandy bashed the east coast in early November, and restoration companies are just now getting calls about services due to mold. It only takes about a half of an inch of water to require professional services. Some may believe that mold is only an allergen and not that dangerous to your health, they are sorely mistaken. Mold is very hazardous to one’s health, especially their respiratory and nervous systems.

Mold can also be attributed to the sickness of pets. As we wear our clothes and wash them, the mold spores are removed from our bodies and clothing. But for a pet, it may be weeks before they are cleaned. This means that they are inhaling these dangerous toxins and it is putting them at risk for sickness.

The best way to get rid of mold and mold spores is by calling the professionals. Call the local restoration company to come to your home. They will explain the process of mold remediation and they will tell you about the special services needed to rid your home of mold.

Mold contains a harmful toxin by the name of mycotoxins. One way you know that you may have mold in your home is if it has flooded recently. Mold grows in damp, wet, warm areas. Another way to be clued in that there may be mold in your home is if your pet has been overcome with sickness spontaneously. Mold is not something to be taken lightly, and it is definitely something that homeowners should educate themselves with. Mold cases have been on the rise since Hurricane Sandy was done ravaging the east coast. Restoration companies from all over the United States have been called out to help the victims of this terrible storm. If you think you have a problem with mold spores in your home, call your local restoration company today to get an estimate!

Updated: December 13, 2012 — 8:32 pm
New Jersey Restoration Pros © 2015 Frontier Theme